- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 8-10 medium apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups raw oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel (if you want), pare and slice the apples.
- Drizzle them with fresh lemon juice. Spread half of them into a large pan.
- Melt butter and honey together.
- Combine with oats, flour, nuts, seeds, salts and spices.
- Spread 1/2 this mixture (actually crumble, it won't really spread) onto apples in pan.
- Cover with remaining apples and the rest of the topping.
- Pour orange juice over the top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, uncovered, at 375. Cover if it crisps too quickly.
Notes“Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.” -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~A honey bee can fly up to 15 miles per hour.~
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Fun appetizers and snacks
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More