- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 8-10 medium apples
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups raw oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel (if you want), pare and slice the apples.
- Drizzle them with fresh lemon juice. Spread half of them into a large pan.
- Melt butter and honey together.
- Combine with oats, flour, nuts, seeds, salts and spices.
- Spread 1/2 this mixture (actually crumble, it won't really spread) onto apples in pan.
- Cover with remaining apples and the rest of the topping.
- Pour orange juice over the top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, uncovered, at 375. Cover if it crisps too quickly.
Notes“Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here.” -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~A honey bee can fly up to 15 miles per hour.~
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More