- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice, yogurt or milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar depending on taste
- 3 medium apples, peeled and coarsely grated
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Confectioner's sugar
- Makes approximately 36 latkes. More in Chanukah Recipes Mix eggs with orange juice, yogurt, or milk in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture along with the grated apples. Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet. Allowing 1 large tablespoon of batter per latke or pancake, drop into the hot oil. Cook about 2 minutes on each side, or until slightly golden.
- Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Delightful DessertsSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More