- Cooking Time: 15-20 mins
- Servings: 3 dozen mini muffins
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- 1 large apple
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Mini Muffin Cups
- Frosting :
- One 8 oz package Neufchatel Cheese (low fat cream cheese), room temperature
- 2 Tbs. plain yogurt
- 2 Tbs. honey
- •Preheat oven to 400° F (200 ° C).
- •Core, slice and mince apple. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, blend together the yogurt, water, oil, honey, and eggs, stir in the apple and cheese. Add to the flour mixture and stir until mixed.
- •Place mini muffin cups in muffin tins, and spoon in batter, filling each cup about three-quarters full.
- •Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let rest in the muffin tins for a few minutes, then remove and set aside to cool.
- •Frosting directions:
- •Combine Neufchatel cheese (at room temperature), honey, and yogurt until smooth.
- •Spread on muffins.
- Yields approx. 3 dozen mini muffins.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More