- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Servings: 12-20
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups apples, thinly sliced
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Add brown sugar and oats.
- Add butter, egg, vanilla and mix well.
- Place ½ dough in bottom of greased 9” square pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts on dough.
- Arrange apple slices over top dough.
- Sprinkle remaining dough over top of apple slices and press lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over top after cutting into serving size pieces.
Notes16 servings was assumed to calculate the nutrition information.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More