- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Then you:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour and butter. Mix until crumbly. Place half of crumb mixture in pan. Spread the apples evenly over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and top with remaining crumb mixture.*
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- *I actually put the sugar and cinnamon in a large Ziplock, threw the apples in after I chopped them, shook it up and dumped the whole thing into the pan on top of the crumb mixture. Then I just topped it with the other half of the crumbs and baked it.
- This recipe was good, but it would have been even better with some homemade caramel.
- ** photo by cinnamint on flickr.
NotesStolen from Bake & Destroy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Lau Family Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More