- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Then you:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour and butter. Mix until crumbly. Place half of crumb mixture in pan. Spread the apples evenly over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and top with remaining crumb mixture.*
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- *I actually put the sugar and cinnamon in a large Ziplock, threw the apples in after I chopped them, shook it up and dumped the whole thing into the pan on top of the crumb mixture. Then I just topped it with the other half of the crumbs and baked it.
- This recipe was good, but it would have been even better with some homemade caramel.
- ** photo by cinnamint on flickr.
NotesStolen from Bake & Destroy!
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More