- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. half and half (I used fat free half and half)
- 3 T. canola oil
- 1/3 c. sugar or Splenda (I used sugar)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped (I did not peel mine)
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. quick oats (I used old fashioned because that was what I had)
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. nutmeg
- 2/3 c. dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400. Beat egg, half and half, oil, and sugar.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Fold egg mixture into dry mixing bowl just enough to moisten.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling 3/4 full and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Per serving (figured with the apple peel and using sugar and fat free half and half): 161 calories, 7 g fat (3 g mono, 3 g poly, 1 g sat), 18 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 21 g carb, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic exchanges:
- 1 bread, 1 1/2 fat, 1/2 other carb
NotesI got this from a friend on TOH BB and tweaked it slightly to make it even healthier (my tweaks are in parenthesis). Who says healthy food can't be delicious? 3 WW points per muffin for normal size muffins)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More