- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound loaf Italian bread, unsliced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Slice bread into 1" slices. Set aside. Spread melted butter in jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover with sliced apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon and set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl, add milk and vanilla. Dip bread slices in egg mixture and place on top of apples. Pour remaining egg mixture over bread.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes until golden. Serve apple side up.
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More