- Cooking Time: 30-35
- Servings: 4/5
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup + 1Tbs. light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup whole, 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. In a 12” fry pan with curved sides, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the apple slices and cook, stirring, until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons of the brown sugar and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt, milk, and flour. Pour this batter over the apples in the fry pan, move to the oven, and bake until puffy, about 10 minutes. While pancake is baking, in a cup, mix the cinnamon and the last 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cut the remaining tablespoon of butter into small pieces. When the pancake puffs, remove from the oven, dot with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and return to the oven to bake until browned, about 10 minutes more. When the pancake comes out of the oven, squeeze lemon juice over the top. Serve pancake, cut in wedges, right out of the pan.
NotesA great Sunday brunch treat. Some of us like it sprinkled with a little grated cheddar cheese in place of the lemon juice. For a dessert top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Nick's PicksSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce