- Cooking Time: 18-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded apples (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut or canola oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, stir together the shredded apples, buttermilk, peanut butter, oil, egg, and vanilla. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, stirring until just mixed, being careful to not overbeat. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the muffin tops.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
NotesHave you ever dipped apples in peanut butter? Good stuff, right? Now imagine this combo in a muffin! Shred the apples, peel and all, add some buttermilk, mix in the peanut butter and sprinkle it all over with some cinnamon-sugar. Holy Yum!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More