- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined (about two minutes). Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Fold in apples and toasted pecans. Scoop the mixture into a 9" x 5" loaf pan coated with nonstick spray - scatter the top with the regular pecans and gently press into the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick placed in the center comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs attached, about 50 to 60 minutes - if the bread looks like it is getting very browned on top, cover it with foil during the last 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the loaf is cooling, in a small sauce pan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil - reduce heat and gently boil, stirring, for 1 minutes. Turn the bread out onto the rack and drizzle the top with the brown sugar mixture.
- This is more a fall and winter loaf so save the resipe for a ceispy fall day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
MidLife Road Trip's
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More