APPLE PECAN PANCAKES WITH APPLE SPICE SYRUP
- Servings: 6-12
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) plus 2 Tbs (30 ml) milk
- 2 eggs, separated, whites stiffly beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peeled and finely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped pecans
Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir in the milk, egg yolks, and vanilla. Fold in the
apple, pecans, and beaten egg whites.
Using a 1/4 cup (60 ml) measure, drop onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet.
Turn when bubbles form on the surface and the edges are golden brown.
Serve with apple spice syrup (see recipe). Makes about 12 pancakes.