- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) plus 2 Tbs (30 ml) milk
- 2 eggs, separated, whites stiffly beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peeled and finely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped pecans
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir in the milk, egg yolks, and vanilla. Fold in the
- apple, pecans, and beaten egg whites.
- Using a 1/4 cup (60 ml) measure, drop onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or skillet.
- Turn when bubbles form on the surface and the edges are golden brown.
- Serve with apple spice syrup (see recipe). Makes about 12 pancakes.
NotesThese pancakes and the accompanying syrup will make you think you're having apple pie for breakfast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More