APPLE PECAN TART
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes (unthawed)
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- vanilla ice cream, if desired
Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine 4 ½, 4 ½, and 3 rolls into 3 separate balls.
Flatten each ball into a 10-inch circle.
Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Combine brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, pecans, apple and softened butter.
Place one of the larger dough circle in the bottom of a 9-10 inch sprayed round pan.
Spread half of the filling on the dough leaving a ½-inch border around the outside of the circle.
Lay the smallest dough circle on the top of the filling.
Spread the rest of the filling on top of that piece of dough and cover with last piece of dough.
Press around the edge to seal the dough together.
Combine the remaining cinnamon and sugar sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Cut a few vents in the top crust.
Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Website Credit: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2234