- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Recipes for Vitality
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More