- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time:
- 10 ounces dry gingersnap cookies
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- For the crust:
- Pulse cookies, sugar and melted butter in a food
- processor to a uniform, mealy consistency.
- Press into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Chill while making the filling.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add the butter, apples and raisins.
- Stir frequently for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree the cream cheese, eggs, milk, sugar and spices.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the cooked apples. Stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake until the center of the cheesecake registers 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 1 hour before releasing the pan's spring and removing the collar.
- Cool another hour, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Social CookbookSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More