APPLE PIE CHEESECAKE SQUARES
- 2 (8oz) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (20oz) can apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Press one can of crescent roll dough evenly into the bottom of the baking pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth.
Spread evenly over crescent roll layer, stopping 1/2 inch from edges. Spoon apple pie filling over cream cheese layer.
Unroll second can of crescent roll dough and and lay on top of of apple pie layer - pinch seams together but do not press down.
3. Brush the top layer of crescent dough with melted butter.
In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon - sprinkle evenly over the top of the butter layer.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is crisp and golden.
Allow to cool before cutting into squares and serving - top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon if desired. Store in refrigerator.