- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 12 muffins
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryUnsure as to where I got this Muffin Recipe, but it is just wonderful. We have a lot of fund raising events where I work and I made a Baked Goods basket and included these in it.
It was a BIG hit. Blueberries would also work well. They are buttery, fruity muffins and would be great for a dessert with a dollop of whipped cream or just plan. Great for a breakfast treat on the weekends, too. They also freeze well.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups diced apples (See note above)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk, 1/2 cup melted butter, vanilla and 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar until sugar has dissolved. Pour into the flour mixture and sprinkle the diced apple into the bowl as well. Stir just until everything is blended. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin, filling the cups to the top.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour and cinnamon. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of melted butter while tossing with a fork until well blended. Sprinkle this over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.