- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tortillas
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Apple Pie Mix
- 2 baking apples, diced into 1/2 inch pieces (I used braeburn)
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 ounce Amaretto
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1. Heat oil until it "speaks" when you sprinkle water into it. Cut each tortilla in half, then cut each half into 4 wedges.
- 2. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a shallow dish with another paper towel lined dish right next to it.
- 3. Put 2-4 tortilla wedges into the hot oil and cook until light brown on each side, flipping only once (this should take about 1 minute). Remove immediately from oil one by one and completely cover in cinnamon sugar mixture on both sides before placing on towel lined dish to cool and drain.
- 4. When finished with crispas, toss together diced apples and lemon juice.
- 5. Put apples, lemon juice and amaretto into a medium-sized skillet and cook over medium heat until apples just start to get tender and barely break down.
- 6. Add brown sugar and stir well until evenly distributed. Remove pan from heat.
- 7. Beat heavy whipping cream (works best in a chilled bowl) just until stiff.
- 8. Gradually add sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 9. On a plate or platter, set out each crispa individually. Top with a teaspoon or more of apple mixture, then a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cooking with SabraSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More