- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is an adaptation of something that I found on the Body For Life site (www.bodyforlife.com) It has been an absolute lifesaver for my diet and workout program and it tastes soooo yummy. I even took a cooler with it to Vegas so I wouldn't fall off of my diet wagon while I was there.
- 1 c. fat-free cottage cheese (any brand will do )
- splash of skim milk
- 1TBS.(1.5 tsp. each) Mixture of sugar-free fat-free Jello instant Cheese Cake and Vanilla flavored pudding (powder not already made)
- 1 tsp. vanilla or butter flavored extract
- 2-3 packets of Splenda (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2- 3/4 of a diced apple (variety of your choice, I use red delicious)
- In a blender whip the cup of cottage cheese, adding a splash of skim milk. Make sure to scrap the sides of the blender.
- Add the pudding mixture,splenda and extract;stir with a spoon. Blend about 30 seconds longer.
- Remove from blender and put in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in cinnamon and cloves. Stir together well.
- (if eating soon stir in apples, if not wait until the last minute to add them so they don't turn brown)
- Stir all together and allow to set for 15 mins. in the fridge.
- This can be eaten alone on on a whole wheat (or whole grain) tortilla. Spray tortilla with butter spray and sprinkle with cinnamon/splenda for extra flavor.
- Wrap up like a burrito and add whipped topping