- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 9 inch pie crust
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chilled butter
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, water, nutmeg and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Peel and slice apples and fill pie pan to the top.
- Pour sugar mixture over apples.
- Add flour, sugar and nutmeg into a food processor.
- Slowly add butter and pulse each time the butter is added.
- Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over pie
- Bake pie for 30 â€“ 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Fun appetizers and snacks
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More