- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 9 inch pie crust
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chilled butter
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, water, nutmeg and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Peel and slice apples and fill pie pan to the top.
- Pour sugar mixture over apples.
- Add flour, sugar and nutmeg into a food processor.
- Slowly add butter and pulse each time the butter is added.
- Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over pie
- Bake pie for 30 â€“ 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More