- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 gala apple
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Tropical Foods PB&J mix, rough chopped
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples into quarter sized slices.
- Toss apples in cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, sugar and salt; let sit.
- Mix all ingredients for streusel together.
- Fill a greased small baking dish with apple mixture.
- Top with streusel and bake until streusel is brown.
- Recipe makes 2-3 servings.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Apple Pie with PB&J Streusel, was the Facebook Fan Favorite, created by Bella Bartha.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce