- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 2-3
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1 gala apple
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Tropical Foods PB&J mix, rough chopped
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples into quarter sized slices.
- Toss apples in cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, sugar and salt; let sit.
- Mix all ingredients for streusel together.
- Fill a greased small baking dish with apple mixture.
- Top with streusel and bake until streusel is brown.
- Recipe makes 2-3 servings.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Apple Pie with PB&J Streusel, was the Facebook Fan Favorite, created by Bella Bartha.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More