- Cooking Time: 1 hr 12 min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices bread, cut up (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium cooking apples, such as Jonathan, Rome Beauty, or Winesap
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- For crust, line the unbaked pastry shell with a double thickness of foil. Bake in a 450 degree F. oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 4 minutes more. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- For filling, peel, core, and slice apples. In a medium mixing bowl stir together eggs, applesauce, yogurt, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon. Stir in bread and apples. Set aside.
- For topping, in another mixing bowl stir together 1/4 cup packed brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Pour filling into the prepared pie crust. Sprinkle topping over filling. Cover edge of crust with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30 minutes more or until top is golden and fruit is tender.
NotesAnother tasty apple dish,kind of pie,kind of bread pudding!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More