- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110º to 115º)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped (Braeburn apples suggested)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Add 2 tablespooons butter, egg, 2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top of dough mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled - about 1 hour.
- Combine apple, pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside. Punch down dough and divide in half. Cut each half into 16 pieces.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat or roll out each piece into a 2-1/2 inch circle. Place 1 teaspoon apple mixture in center of circle; pinch edges together and seal, forming a ball. Dip in remaining melted butter.
- In a greased 10-inch tube pan, place the 16 balls, seam side down; sprinkle with 1/4 cup apple mixture. Layer remaining balls and sprinkle with remaining apple mixture.
- Cover and let dough rise until nearly doubled - about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 35-40 mminutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove for pan to a wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
NFPG Recipe Collection
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More