- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 6 quail, breasts and legs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 c chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme)
- 1 c apple juice
1 Mix flour salt and paprika; lightly flour quail pieces.
2 Melt butter in heavy frying pan and brown quail.
3 Push quail to one side of pan.
4 Add onion and saute until tender (add 1 tablespoon more butter if needed to saute onion).
5 Add parsley, thyme and apple juice.
6 Stir to mix well and spoon juice over quail while bringing all to a boil.
7 Reduce heat, cover and simmer until quail are tender (about one hour).
8 Serve quail on a bed of rice with sauteed apples on the side.