- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 6 quail, breasts and legs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 c chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme)
- 1 c apple juice
- 1 Mix flour salt and paprika; lightly flour quail pieces.
- 2 Melt butter in heavy frying pan and brown quail.
- 3 Push quail to one side of pan.
- 4 Add onion and saute until tender (add 1 tablespoon more butter if needed to saute onion).
- 5 Add parsley, thyme and apple juice.
- 6 Stir to mix well and spoon juice over quail while bringing all to a boil.
- 7 Reduce heat, cover and simmer until quail are tender (about one hour).
- 8 Serve quail on a bed of rice with sauteed apples on the side.
NotesTip: To saute` apples: Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet, add 2 cooking apples (cored and cut into wedges), and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar (more or less) depending on how sweet the apples are). Cook, turning often, until apples are lightly browned. Garnish apples with a light sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More