- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- Baker's Joy
- 2 apples
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup raisin bran cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Spray muffin pan with Baker's Joy.
- Peel, core and dice apples.
- Combine apples, buttermilk, oil, and egg in a large bowl.
- Add cereal to bowl and stir to combine.
- Let stand several minutes until cereal is soggy and starts to break down.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to cereal mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
NotesI needed to use up a couple of apples before they went bad, and I needed to keep it healthy. The result is a surprisingly moist whole grain muffin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More