- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large Granny Smith apples
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 1-inch thick slices of baguette
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup golden raisins
- The day before serving: peel and slice apples. Grease a 13X9-in baking dish.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt butter over med heat. Add apples and cook,
- stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, raisins and cinnamon. Cook, stirring until
- sugar dissolves. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and spread to an even
- layer, arranged apple slices in concentric circles.
- Arrange bread slices in a layer on top. In a med bowl, beat eggs, milk and
- vanilla with a fork until combined; pour over bread. Sprinkle tops of bread
- with cinnamon and powdered sugar. Cover with plastic wrap and chill
- Before serving: Preheat oven to 375'F. Remove plastic wrap from pan and bake
- for 35-40 min until the mixture is firm and the bread is golden. Let cool
- for 5 min. Invert in a serving tray over the baking pan and carefully flip
- both so that the apple layer is on top. Spoon any apple slices or syrup that
- remain in the pan over the top.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More