- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 12 muffins
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup sifted white flour
- 1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 2/3 cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Sift together flours,baking powder,baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add orange juice and oil to beaten egg.
- Add egg mixture, raisins,nuts,apples and orange rind to dry ingredients.
- Stir only until moistened.
- Bake in muffin tins, using muffin liners. Bake at 400 degrees.
NotesThis was originally a grand prize winner, from a newspaper in Wisconsin.
I changed it a bit, as far as the flour goes. 1/2 White, and 1/2 Whole wheat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More