- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 12 muffins
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryThis was originally a grand prize winner, from a newspaper in Wisconsin.
I changed it a bit, as far as the flour goes. 1/2 White, and 1/2 Whole wheat.
- 1 cup sifted white flour
- 1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 2/3 cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Sift together flours,baking powder,baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add orange juice and oil to beaten egg.
- Add egg mixture, raisins,nuts,apples and orange rind to dry ingredients.
- Stir only until moistened.
- Bake in muffin tins, using muffin liners. Bake at 400 degrees.