- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cups Quaker oats, (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)*
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, finely chopped (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch-flavored baking chips
- Sifted confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add combined flour, baking powder and salt; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in oats, apple and butterscotch chips. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Store tightly covered.
NotesDon't remember where I found this, haven't tried it yet
notes and cook tips
If using old fashioned oats, add 2 tablespoons flour.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More