- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp finely snipped chopped candied lemon peel
- 1/2 cup snipped dried apples
- Layer all ingredients in a 1 quart canning jar. Tap gently between layers to settle before adding the next. Add additional dried fruits to fill in any small gaps if necessary.
- GIFT TAG DIRECTIONS:
- Beat 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 cup milk (or vanilla yogurt) and 1 egg together in a mixing bowl until combined. Stir in contents of jar. Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Transfer to a wire rack and cool slightly; serve warm.