- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup seedless raisins
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- Peel, core, and finely chop apples. Mix with sugar, spices, raisins, nuts, and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Unwrap phyllo dough and keep between two dampened tea towels. Place one sheet of dough on a third tea towel. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Place second sheet of phyllo on top of first, brush with butter, and sprinkle with crumbs. Repeat with remaining sheets of phyllo.
- Spread apple filling, about two inches in, along one long side of dough, to within two inches of each edge. Filling should be spread about three inches wide. Fold long side over once to cover filling, then fold in edges. Continue to roll lengthwise, like a jelly roll, using towel to help.
- Brush each roll with butter, and place, seam side down, on a lightly buttered baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees about 20-25 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven and score top into 1-1/2" slices with a sharp knife. Cool and cut into slices.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
A Falcon FeastSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More