- Cooking Time: 20 - 30 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb Whole Grain Maple Oatmeal Dough found on pg 145 of the Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day cookbook (or your choice of dough)
- 1 medium sized apple, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon or so of cinnamon sugar (or to taste)
- 3/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup greek plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Divide the dough in half and roll out into equally sized rectangles.
- Place a rectangle on a greased cookie sheet and spread the apples up to 1" from the edges.
- Sprinkle with your favorite cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Gently take the "empty" rectangle and place it on top of the apple covered rectangle and pinch the edges together to seal in all that yumminess
- Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and let rest for about 30 minutes or so.
- Heat your oven to 400'F.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and yoghurt. Mix well.
- Once the dough has finished resting and hopefully rose a bit, spread the yoghurt mixture on top. You might not need all of it....that's ok. Don't force it. It will depend on how big your focaccia ends up being (yours might end up being bigger than mine and I didn't use all of the topping).
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the topping.
- Bake for about 20 - 30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
NotesThis was something I came up with to do with a maple oatmeal dough that I made for the bread baking group that I participate in. It's wonderfully flavored with all the comforting ingredients that reminds us all of fall.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More