- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 of a 17.3 oz. pkg. Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle.
- Heat the oven to 375'F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir the egg and water in a small bowl.
- Mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add the apples and raisins and toss to coat.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the sheet into a 16x12-inch rectangle.
- With the short side facing you, spoon the apple mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Starting at the short side closest to you, roll up like a jelly roll.
- Place seam-side down on the baking sheet.
- Tuck ends under to seal.
- Brush with the egg mixture.
- Cut several 2-inch long slits 2 inches apart on the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
NotesThis would be a great Christmas morning breakfast item! Puff Pastry is the best!
Thaw Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
Cool Time: 30 minutes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More