- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 of a 17.3 oz. pkg. Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle.
- Heat the oven to 375'F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir the egg and water in a small bowl.
- Mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add the apples and raisins and toss to coat.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the sheet into a 16x12-inch rectangle.
- With the short side facing you, spoon the apple mixture onto the bottom half of the pastry to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Starting at the short side closest to you, roll up like a jelly roll.
- Place seam-side down on the baking sheet.
- Tuck ends under to seal.
- Brush with the egg mixture.
- Cut several 2-inch long slits 2 inches apart on the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
NotesThis would be a great Christmas morning breakfast item! Puff Pastry is the best!
Thaw Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
Cool Time: 30 minutes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More