- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound sweet apples -- peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 slices brown bread, crumbled
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine apples, raisins, currants, cinnamon, sugar and bread crumbs. Stir well.
- Spread several sheets of pastry generously with melted butter and lay them on atop the other on a baking sheet. Spread the fruit mixture evenly over the top sheet, then roll the sheets up to form a log shape. Brush with melted butter again.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown and fruit is tender.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Summertime SippersSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More