- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 oz. apple juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 21 oz. can apple pie filling
- Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread, warmed slightly in microwave
- Powdered sugar
- Combine bread mix, apple juice, cinnamon and pecans; spread in greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes - 1 hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes; cut into 12 slices.
- Let bread dry, uncovered, at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Combine eggs, milk and vanilla extract in shallow bowl.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Place about 1/4 cup apple pie filling on 6 bread slices; sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Dip the sandwich into egg mixture, turn over and dip other side.
- Fry 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Top with warmed rhubarb strawberry spread and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More