- Cooking Time: 15minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20minutes
- 200g plain flour
- 75g unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp cold water
- 5 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 250g apple purée
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl, cut the butter into small chunks, rub into the flour using your fingertips making a breadcrumb consistency. Add the cold water and mix, gather together all the mixture and make a firm dough, the sides of the bowl should be clean and the dough should not be sticky. Leave the pastry in a cool place for around 15 mins.
- Take the dough out of the fridge (or wherever you have left it) sprinkle the surface with flour place dough in the middle and start rolling, roll untill around a cm thick and it is large enough for your dish. place into the dish and trim edges remembering that the dough will shrink when cooked.
- Pour the purée until the pastry is half filled, place the pieces of apple on top of the puree going round in circles until completely covered. Place into oven for 15 mins or until the pastry is a golden brown.
NotesWe have an apple tree just in front of our house so last year I picked alot of apples and this is one of my favourites.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
NFPG Recipe Collection
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More