- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis wonderful recipe is easy to double when you want to serve a crowd. It isn't hard to make the topping, but in a pinch, you can substitute canned apple pie filling. This recipe comes from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2006.
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugsr
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tube (16.3 oz) large refridgerated
- buttermilk biscuits
- In a large saucepan, combine the
- apples, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Transfer apples mixture to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place biscuits over apples. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Immediately invert onto a serving plate.