- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugsr
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tube (16.3 oz) large refridgerated
- buttermilk biscuits
- In a large saucepan, combine the
- apples, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Transfer apples mixture to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place biscuits over apples. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
NotesThis wonderful recipe is easy to double when you want to serve a crowd. It isn't hard to make the topping, but in a pinch, you can substitute canned apple pie filling. This recipe comes from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2006.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Megan Lust and The Gluten Free Vegan’s Pizza Buns
Asian Beef WrapsSee More