- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugsr
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tube (16.3 oz) large refridgerated
- buttermilk biscuits
- In a large saucepan, combine the
- apples, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Transfer apples mixture to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place biscuits over apples. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
NotesThis wonderful recipe is easy to double when you want to serve a crowd. It isn't hard to make the topping, but in a pinch, you can substitute canned apple pie filling. This recipe comes from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2006.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More