- Cooking Time: 70 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 4-5 large Honeycrisp or Haralson apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix until sugar dissolves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix first six ingredients until it resembles cornmeal
- Spread on the bottom of a well buttered 9" springform pan
- Slice apples (thinly) on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and spoon on topping.
- Continue to bake for 25-35 minutes.
NotesI've adapted this recipe from one given to me many years ago. It is a family favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More