- Cooking Time: 70 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 4-5 large Honeycrisp or Haralson apples
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix until sugar dissolves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix first six ingredients until it resembles cornmeal
- Spread on the bottom of a well buttered 9" springform pan
- Slice apples (thinly) on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and spoon on topping.
- Continue to bake for 25-35 minutes.
NotesI've adapted this recipe from one given to me many years ago. It is a family favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Food Travels Through Italy
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More