- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 4 Granny Smith apples - peeled -- cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets -- (17.25 ounce) thawed
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the lemon and 4 cups water in a large bowl. Place the sliced apples in the water to keep them from browning.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain water from apples, and place them into the hot skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Add brown sugar, and cinnamon, and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Pour into the skillet, and mix well. Cook for another minute, or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Unfold puff pastry sheets, and repair any cracks by pressing them back together. Trim each sheet into a square. Then cut each larger square into 4 smaller squares. Spoon apples onto the center of each squares.
- Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and press edges together to seal. Place turnovers on a baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until turnovers are puffed and lightly browned. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, mix together the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Adjust the thickness by adding more sugar or milk if necessary. Drizzle glaze over the cooled turnovers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More