- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir in apples; cook about 5 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, vanilla and egg; blend until smooth.
- Pour batter over apples in skillet; spread batter evenly to edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Invert coffee cake onto serving platter.
- Serve warm or cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More