- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stir in apples; cook about 5 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, vanilla and egg; blend until smooth.
- Pour batter over apples in skillet; spread batter evenly to edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Invert coffee cake onto serving platter.
- Serve warm or cool.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More