- Cooking Time: 20 to 25
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in apples; cook about 5 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in brown sugar. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar; mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, vanilla and egg; blend until smooth.
- Pour batter over apples in skillet; spread batter evenly to edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Invert coffee cake onto serving platter. Serve warm or cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Home cookingSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More