- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
BackstoryWe had some apples left over and my wife was looking through our Apple Cook Book and found this delicious recipe.
- 1½ cup sugar
- 4 cups peeled, chopped tart apples
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine apples and sugar and let stand.
- Beat eggs, eggs andd vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternativly with apples.
- Stir in walnuts. Grease a 12 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350ºF 1 hour or until cake tests done.
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and stir with a whisk.
- Spread over cake.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More