- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1½ cup sugar
- 4 cups peeled, chopped tart apples
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine apples and sugar and let stand.
- Beat eggs, eggs andd vanilla.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternativly with apples.
- Stir in walnuts. Grease a 12 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350ºF 1 hour or until cake tests done.
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients and stir with a whisk.
- Spread over cake.
NotesWe had some apples left over and my wife was looking through our Apple Cook Book and found this delicious recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More