- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, beating after each addition.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and the sour cream to the creamed mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in apples. Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35-40 minutes.
NotesThis recipe comes from a cookbook put out by the Rochester Public Market.
The book is called "At the Heart of It All: Sharing the Recipes, the Stories and the Love of Our Market" (Cohber Press, $22.95)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Delightful DessertsSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More