- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups apples - chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts - chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar cheese - grated or crumbled
- icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) deep tart pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Stir in sugar, nuts and apples.
- Beat eggs and oil in another bowl.
- Stir in the egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Put half of batter in the tart pan.
- Sprinkle, or layer, cheese on top.
- Spoon the rest of the batter on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until firm in the center.
- Cool completely then sprinkle with icing sugar.
NotesJust made this tonight for a friend of mine's birthday. He loves cheddar cheese on his apple pie and I figured a new variation on the theme might be met with a smile.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More