- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 cups 1-inch bread cubes (white or whole wheat)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups medium-diced yellow onion (about 2 large onions)
- 2 cups sliced celery (about 3 large stalks)
- 2 Granny-Smith Apples, unpeeled, cored and large diced
- 2 TBSP chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Put the bread cubes on a 13x18x1" baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 7 minutes until toasted.
- In large saute pan, melt the butter and add the onion, celery, apples, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Combine the bead cubes and cooked vegetables in a large bowl and add the chicken stock, cranberries and almonds (if desired).
- Place the stuffing into neck of the cavity of the turkey first, then into the main cavity and cook the turkey as instructed by the packaging on the bird. For a 12 1/2 pound turkey, I roast at 375º for one hour, basting frequently. I then reduce the heat to 325º for 3 1/2 more hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Social CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More