- Cooking Time: 75-90 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 300g Wholemeal flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 125g Dark Brown Sugar (sometimes known as molasses sugar)
- 250g Dates
- 500g Apples
- 1/4 pint Sweet Cider or Apple Juice
- 3 Eggs
- 3 fl/oz Safflower Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add juice, eggs and oil.
- Grate half the apples and fold in.
- Slice half of the remaining apples and arrange on top of the cake.
- Glaze with warm honey after baking.
- Cook at 350 Degrees F (180 C)
NotesThis is another favorite of my kids... since we moved from the city to the country the kids have always demanded cakes to go with their lunches "cos its the country fing to do" so says my 11 year old. So coming up with a few different ones that are healthy and they enjoy can be challenging but fun as well... this is definitely one of the favorites.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More