- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 mina
- 1 big apple (or 2 small)
- ½ lemon (only juice)
- 1 TBspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (or more if you like)
- 1/2 C oats (I used quick cooking)
- 1/4 C walnuts
- 2 TBspoons butter (+ for ramekins)
- 2 TBspoons powdered sugar
- Red currants or strawberries or other red fruit for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease 2 individual ramekins with butter and set aside.
- Peel the apple and cut it in four parts, remove the seeds and the core, and slice each quarter.
- Place the sliced apple in a bowl and mix with a tablespoon of granulated sugar and the juice from ½ a lemon.
- Chop the walnuts and mix them with the oats, the cinnamon and the powdered sugar. Add the chopped butter and rub everything together with your fingertips to get coarse crumbs.
- Place the apples in the ramekins and distribute the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the apples are soft and the crumble on top golden and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven, let the crumble rest for 1 minute, distribute the fresh fruit on top, and serve warm.
- You can sprinkle the top with a little powdered sugar or red currants jam warmed up with little lemon juice.
NotesI just love these warm, soft and crunchy at the same time desserts.