APPLE AND OATS CRUMBLE
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 mina
- 1 big apple (or 2 small)
- ½ lemon (only juice)
- 1 TBspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (or more if you like)
- 1/2 C oats (I used quick cooking)
- 1/4 C walnuts
- 2 TBspoons butter (+ for ramekins)
- 2 TBspoons powdered sugar
- Red currants or strawberries or other red fruit for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease 2 individual ramekins with butter and set aside.
- Peel the apple and cut it in four parts, remove the seeds and the core, and slice each quarter.
- Place the sliced apple in a bowl and mix with a tablespoon of granulated sugar and the juice from ½ a lemon.
- Chop the walnuts and mix them with the oats, the cinnamon and the powdered sugar. Add the chopped butter and rub everything together with your fingertips to get coarse crumbs.
- Place the apples in the ramekins and distribute the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the apples are soft and the crumble on top golden and crunchy.
- Remove from the oven, let the crumble rest for 1 minute, distribute the fresh fruit on top, and serve warm.
- You can sprinkle the top with a little powdered sugar or red currants jam warmed up with little lemon juice.
NotesI just love these warm, soft and crunchy at the same time desserts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More