- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this from Giada Laurentiis - it is very YUMMY especially when it is served warm!
- 1/4C orange-flavored liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 1/4C dried cranberries
- 1t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 orange zested
- 1C AP Flour
- 1 1/2t baking powder
- 1/4t salt
- 4 eggs
- 8T butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1/3C sugar
- 1t vanilla extract
- 2C diced peeled apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/2C chopped walnuts, toasted
- Ice Cream (For Serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan, heat the orange liqueur. Turn off the heat and add the cranberries, making sure that all the cranberries are submerged in the liquid. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and the orange zest. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add the apples, walnuts and drained cranberries. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 8 X 8 X 2 inch glass baking dish or 8" cake pan. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Serve while still warm - cut into squares or wedges and serve with ice cream.