- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4C orange-flavored liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 1/4C dried cranberries
- 1t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 orange zested
- 1C AP Flour
- 1 1/2t baking powder
- 1/4t salt
- 4 eggs
- 8T butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1/3C sugar
- 1t vanilla extract
- 2C diced peeled apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/2C chopped walnuts, toasted
- Ice Cream (For Serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan, heat the orange liqueur. Turn off the heat and add the cranberries, making sure that all the cranberries are submerged in the liquid. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and the orange zest. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add the apples, walnuts and drained cranberries. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 8 X 8 X 2 inch glass baking dish or 8" cake pan. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Serve while still warm - cut into squares or wedges and serve with ice cream.
NotesI got this from Giada Laurentiis - it is very YUMMY especially when it is served warm!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More