- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- The night before
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g warm water
- 50g apple cider vinegar
- 100g live yogurt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt the butter then mix in the other ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- 375g flour
- 2tsp easy-blend yeast
- Mix well then allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then start kneading Dan’s way - three times at 10-minute intervals (use some oil to prevent the dough from sticking to both the work surface and your hands). Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning
- Oil your work surface and turn the dough onto it. Do the regular stretching and folding at 40-minute intervals for 2 hours. Roll the dough 1,5cm thick and cut out discs using a 8cm cutter. Lay the discs onto a floured surface, dust the tops with flour and allow to proof for at least 2 hours.
- Place a heavy-bottomed frying pan onto moderate heat then slide the muffins into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes then flip over and cook for a further 4 minutes. Then turn off the heat, flip the muffins and leave them in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and get on with the remaining discs of dough
- makes 12
NotesFrom blog Foodbeam
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
My Family Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More