- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- The night before
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g warm water
- 50g apple cider vinegar
- 100g live yogurt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt the butter then mix in the other ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- 375g flour
- 2tsp easy-blend yeast
- Mix well then allow to rest for 10 minutes. Then start kneading Dan’s way - three times at 10-minute intervals (use some oil to prevent the dough from sticking to both the work surface and your hands). Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning
- Oil your work surface and turn the dough onto it. Do the regular stretching and folding at 40-minute intervals for 2 hours. Roll the dough 1,5cm thick and cut out discs using a 8cm cutter. Lay the discs onto a floured surface, dust the tops with flour and allow to proof for at least 2 hours.
- Place a heavy-bottomed frying pan onto moderate heat then slide the muffins into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes then flip over and cook for a further 4 minutes. Then turn off the heat, flip the muffins and leave them in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and get on with the remaining discs of dough
- makes 12
NotesFrom blog Foodbeam
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More