- Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Servings: abot 12 pieces
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 1 big apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tblsp sugar
- 100 g ricotta (3.5 oz)
- 4 tblsp oil (I use olive oil)
- 4 tblsp milk
- 70 g sugar (2.5 oz)
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g flour (7 oz)
- 1 1/1 teaspoons baking powder
- Wash and peel the apple, remove the core and dice it. Cook the apple with sugar (the quantity of sugar depends on the apple you are using, whether it's very sweet or not, and your taste) and 2 tablspoons of water in a sauce pan for about 8 mins, to become soft. Remove from heat and leave to cool. When cold, add the lemon juice.
- Sift the flour with baking powder, add oil, milk, ricotta, salt and sugar. Mix everything with a wooden spoon, form a ball, and kneed lightly to get a soft dough. If it's too sticky add a bit more flour.
- Flour the working surface or a sheet of parchment paper and roll out the dough into a square, 3-4 mm thick. Cut it into squares, distribute apple filling, and then fold the squares, leaving one side open and pressing the other two edges with your hands.
- Bake for 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 195°C. Let them cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
MetroCooking DC 2013
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More