- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4ozs self raising Flour
- 2ozs sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2ozs butter
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 lb stewed Apples or other fruit
- Stew the fruit and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Sift Flour and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and beat in well.
- Mix in sifted ingredients alternately with milk. Place the mixture on the warm fruit and Bake in a MODERATE oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Dredge with sugar and serve hot with custard or cream.
NotesThis is a very old family recipe that I have made many times over the years and is a favourite with the family and friends. It is simple to make and so nice on a cold Winters night.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More