- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4ozs self raising Flour
- 2ozs sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2ozs butter
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 lb stewed Apples or other fruit
- Stew the fruit and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Sift Flour and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and beat in well.
- Mix in sifted ingredients alternately with milk. Place the mixture on the warm fruit and Bake in a MODERATE oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Dredge with sugar and serve hot with custard or cream.
NotesThis is a very old family recipe that I have made many times over the years and is a favourite with the family and friends. It is simple to make and so nice on a cold Winters night.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More