- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4ozs self raising Flour
- 2ozs sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2ozs butter
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 lb stewed Apples or other fruit
- Stew the fruit and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Sift Flour and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar, add egg and beat in well.
- Mix in sifted ingredients alternately with milk. Place the mixture on the warm fruit and Bake in a MODERATE oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Dredge with sugar and serve hot with custard or cream.
NotesThis is a very old family recipe that I have made many times over the years and is a favourite with the family and friends. It is simple to make and so nice on a cold Winters night.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
MetroCooking DC 2013
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More