- Cooking Time: 50 mins
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time: 45 mins + 1 hour
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 185g butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs milk, approximately
- Apple Cinnamon Filling
- 12 medium apples
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- Process the flour, icing sugar and butter until combined. Add the egg and process until just combined. Add enough milk to bring ingredients together. Turn the mixture onto a board, press dough into a ball and knead gently until smooth.
- Roll almost two - thirds of the dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line a 23cm pie plate. Lift the pastry into the pie plate. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220oC. Spoon the cold Apple Cinnamon Filling into the pastry case. Roll the remaining pastry until large enough to cover the filling, place the pastry over the filling. Press the edges together, then trim and decorate the edges. Brush the pastry with a little milk and sprinkle with the sugar. Make three cuts in the top of the pastry to allow stream to escape. Place pie plate on an oven tray and bake in a hot oven for 40 minutes until the pastry is well browned.
- Apple cinnamon filling : Peel and slice the apples. Place the apples in a large pan with the sugar, cinnamon and water and cook over a low heat, cover for about 5 minutes or until the apples are just tender. Drain the apples and discard the liquid. Transfer the apples to a large bowl and cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Camp Nubar Baking Class
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More